To me, being healthy is..
Eating right, exercising or being physically active in some way, getting enough sleep, drinking plenty of water and nurturing yourself (whether that be; a massage or facial or even meditation).
I am currently in my second year of studying Naturopathy. This course is definitely challenging but incredibly interesting and amazing to learn how complex our bodies are and how our bodies react to our external environment and foods. I chose to study natural medicine as I thoroughly believe in the 6 fundamental principles of naturopathy;
1. The healing power of nature - Trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself.
2. Identify and treat the causes -Look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
3. First do no harm - Utilise the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
4. Doctor as teacher - Educate patients in the steps to achieving and maintaining health.
5. Treat the whole person -View the body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions.
6. And lastly prevention.
I am no expert in any way and I am still learning. I wanted a platform to share what I do personally to keep myself fit and healthy.